Head Coach - 16th Season
Alma Mater: Juniata College, 1998
- Andre Linn was named the head coach of the Bulldog football team in November of 2016.
- Prior to taking over the program, he served 16 seasons as an assistant of the Bulldogs, spending 2014-16 as an associate head coach and as the team's offensive coordinator.
- He also served as the team's recruiting coordinator and the offensive line coach.
- Linn served as the interim head coach for the final two games of the 2016 season, going 1-1.
- In previous years, he served as the defensive coordinator.
- In 2006, the Bulldog defense had four First Team All-Conference selections as it held opponents to just 232 points - the 10th lowest point total allowed in program history. In addition, there have been 16 First Team Defensive All-Conference since Linn has been the defensive coordinator.
- During his first two seasons, he served as the defensive line coach before coaching the linebackers and being named the defensive coordinator in 2003. In 2004, Linn was again the defensive coordinator along with coaching the defensive backs.
- Prior to coming to Union in 2001, Linn spent two seasons as the defensive line coach at Randolph Macon (Va.) College. He spent one season at Juniata (Penn.) College as the offensive line coach.
- Linn received his B.S. in accounting from Juniata in 1998 and was a four-year letterman for the Eagles, earning first team All-Conference honors in 1997. He received his M.A. in education in 2002 from Union.
- Linn is married to the former Amy Jo Killion, and the couple has three children – two daughters, Lillian and Lilah, and a son, Logan.
Assistant Coach - 13th Season
Alma Mater: UT-Martin, 2004
- John Gray is beginning his 13th season at Union, serving as the defensive coordinator and the defensive line coach. In 2004, he headed up the linebacking corps.
- The Bulldogs produced their first first team All-Conference selection on the defensive line under Gray in 2008. Union had not had a defensive lineman receive that honor since 1997. Union had another first-team All-Conference selection from the defensive line in 2010. In addition, there have been 16 first team defensive All-Conference since Gray has been working with the Bulldog defense.
- The Union defense limited opponents to 232 points in 2006 - the 10th lowest point total allowed in program history.
- The Danville, Ky. native received his bachelor's from the University of Tennessee at Martin in August of 2004. He played four seasons (1999-03) for the Skyhawks and was a team captain in 2003.
Assistant Coach - 1st Season
Alma Mater: Florida, 2011
- Is entering his first season on the Bulldog coaching staff.
- Serving as the special teams coordinator and the wide receivers coach.
- Prior to coming to Union, Banfield spent one season as Lawrence University in Appleton, Wis., as the running backs coach and the assistant director of football operations.
- In 2014, he was the running backs coach, assistant special teams coordinator and assistant director of football operations at Saint Anselm College in Manchester, N.H.
- Was the head coach for the Durham County Presidents American Football Club in Durham, England, in 2013. Banfield oversaw the program through a change to a more modern offensive attack, implementing a spread, no-huddle offense. Also introduced an aggressive 3-4 base defense.
- Spent two seasons coaching in the high school ranks. Was the running backs coach for Santa Fe High School in Alachua, Fla., in 2012, and the quarterbacks coach and passing game coordinator fr Lake Wales High School in Lake Wales, Fla., in 2013.
- Graduated from the University of Florida in 2011 with a bachelor's in history and a master's in sports management in 2013.
- Served as a student volunteer assistant at the University of Florida in 2011-12. Primary duties included breaking down of the offensive game film of opponents.
- Was a wide receiver and long snapper for Durham University in Durham, England, and played semi-pro ball in Perth, Australia, for the Rockingham Vipers.
Assistant Coach - 4th Season
Alma Mater: Union, 2013
- Beginning his fourth season as a member of the Bulldog staff.
- Serves as the linebackers coach.
- Played three seasons for the Bulldogs (2010-12) on the defensive line. Played in 23 total games, making 79 total tackles (28 solo, 51 assisted) with 12.5 tackles for a loss and 4.5 sacks.
- Top season came in 2012 when he recorded 49 total tackles and a team-high 2.5 sacks.
- Married to the former Erin Karlsgodt.
Assistant Coach - 3rd Season
Alma Mater: Union, 2012
- Is in his third season on the Bulldog staff.
- Coaches the defensive backs.
- Served as a student assistant in 2012.
Grad Assistant - 2nd Season
- Beginning second year as a member of the Bulldog coaching staff, serving as the running backs coach.
- Graduated from Union with a bachelor of science in criminal justice in May 2015.
- Was a four-year member of the Bulldog football team.
- Finished career with 1,025 rushing yards and two touchdowns. Ran for a career-high 531 yards in 2013.
Student Assistant - 2nd Season
- In his second season on the Bulldog coaching staff.
- Is the H Backs coach after coaching the tight ends in 2015.
- Graduated from Union in May of 2016 with a degree in health sciences.
- Before coming to Union, Rumbaugh served as a medic in the United States Army while stationed in Germany.
- In Germany, Rumbaugh was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for Kaiserslautern Pikes of the German 3rd league. Under Rumbaugh's control, they were the highest scoring offense in the league.
- Married to the former Dawn Evans. They have four children together: Brooklynn (17), Logan(14), Alexia(12) and Aiden(8).